Hello from quarantine friends! Since grocery shopping has looked a little wacky around here recently, I dug up some recipes that I could use with ingredients already at the house! This slow cooker herb chicken and potatoes recipe is SUPER moist, delicious, and easy to make. We have adapted a few times and it still turns out well, so this is a good one when stock in your kitchen may be running low. Give it a try, and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Herb Chicken and Potatoes Recipe Ingredients
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (or any chicken with skin)
1 small onion or 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
Black pepper to your liking
3 tablespoons butter
2-3 pounds baby red potatoes, quartered- We like the small red potatoes best, but have used other bags of potatoes in a pinch! The key is making sure they are cut small and if the potato you use has thicker skin, I would skin first
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons parsley leaves
- Season both sides of chicken with basil, oregano, rosemary, and black pepper
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and sear both sides until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Put cut potatoes into crockpot at bottom and cover with olive oil, onions/onion powder, garlic and thyme. Place chicken on top of potatoes in crockpot as evenly as possible.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Prior to serving, cover with parmesan cheese and parsley.
All the best,
Leave a Reply