Busy parents unite! I am always on the hunt for new and quick weeknight meals for the family that will please a picky husband and two toddlers. As a working mom, I am in a longterm serious relationship with my crockpot, especially during the winter months. We recently discovered this recipe for Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Thai Chicken and it is a HUGE winner! It makes it onto our weekly meal plan frequently and makes great lunches for us all later in the week. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1.5 cup chicken broth
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes (or 1.5 lbs-2 for leftovers)
- 1 cup shredded or sliced zucchini
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- A large red pepper cut into thin, long strips
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro divided
- Chopped peanuts for garnish
- 12 ounce whole wheat linguine noodles cooked and drained (You can use whatever noodles or rice you like – I use linguine)
- Add garlic, peanut butter, broth, chicken, soy sauce, and sugar to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. An hour before serving add zucchini and red pepper. A half hour before serving, add in lime juice and 1/4 cup cilantro
- Serve over noodles and garnish with remaining cilantro and peanuts
Enjoy! We make peanut butter thai chicken on the reg, and we are all such fans. If you are a crockpot lover, check out this other fantastic crockpot recipe.
All the best,