I love Thai food, and Thai food that tastes amazing at home is even better! This Thai Drunken Noodles recipe came to me from my sister and almost brother-in-law, and we make it all the time. You can turn the spice level up or down depending on your preference, and it make for great leftovers at work. If you are up for trying something new or you are a Thai food lover like me, this one is a must!
Thai Drunken Noodles Recipe
8 oz rice noodles (I have used brown rice noodles and pad thai noodles)
2 chicken breast cut into 1/4 pieces
1/2 cup soy sauce and 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce to coat chicken
2/3 cup dark brown sugar
4 limes, or 5 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons Asian chili-garlic sauce (this determines the spice level!)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 heads baby bok choy (4 oz each) stalks and greens diced separately
3/4 cup chopped fresh Thai basil
1 scallion, sliced
- Soak rice noodles in a bowl with hot water (fully covered). Leave to soak for 20-30 minutes until noodles are soft and limp.
- Toss chicken with the 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce and marinate in fridge up to an hour. I usually only marinate for 15-20 mins.
- Whisk 1/2 cup soy sauce with sugar, lime juice, and chili-garlic sauce.
- Heat oil over high heat and add chicken. Stir and cook for about 2 mins until cooked through, and set aside.
- Over high heat, add baby bok choy stalks. Cook and stir for 2 minute until browning. Add baby bok choy leaves and cook for 1 minute more. Add all bok choy to bowl with chicken.
- Heat remaining oil over medium heat and add drained rice noodles. Add the soy sauce mixture and 1 cup of water. Cook gently for 5 to 10 minutes until noodles are tender and well coated. Stir in chicken and vegetable mixture and basil and cook for one minute.
- Garnish with scallion and lime wedges. Enjoy!
If Thai isn’t your thing, here is an easy recipe for Italian that you might want to try!
All the best,
Shared! This is AWESOME stuff! Thank you!
Hope your whole house enjoys!!